As a supplier you’ve been invited to quote in Directworks. This Quick Reference Guide steps through your initial login, reviewing the RFQ data, and details the quoting process so you can submit your quote in Directworks.
Login Credentials, Initial Invitation, and Supported Browsers
- Your first invitation email will contain your login credentials.
- You will be prompted to change the temporary password when you first login
- The RFQ invitation email will look like this. It will include the RFQ due date and a short cut for easy access.
- Supported Browsers for accessing Directworks
- Google Chrome (Multiple Operating Systems)
- Internet Explorer (Version 11 Only)
- Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 Only)
* Other browsers may work but aren’t officially supported.
Accessing Directworks using the RFQ invitation email will take you to that specific RFQ.
If you login to the site using the direct URL you will start out on the Dashboard tab. Under My Active RFQs on this tab click on the desired RFQ.
You can view your entire RFQ history by using the RFQ tab.
Review the RFQ
When you select a RFQ it will take you to the RFQ’s Overview section. Under the Overview section you can review the Steps to Complete and Content.
- Team/Supplier Users – Additional users invited to this particular RFQ
- Items – Description on Items to quote
- Discussions – Collaborate on the RFQ by sending messages within Directworks to Team and Supplier Users
- Documents - To review documents that are related to this RFQ, click Documents in the Content area and then click view. The screen shot below details this step. If enabled; Print and Download can be done here.
Click on Quoting under Steps to Complete to go to the next step to begin quoting.
After reviewing the content if you wish to not participate use the Decline Invitation button highlighted below.
In Directworks you can quote one of two ways:
- Quote using Microsoft Excel
- Quote online in Directworks
To quote in Excel use the Export and Import buttons highlighted below to save a copy of the spreadsheet.
* Microsoft Office's Excel is the only supported spreadsheet application.
To quote in the system use the Quote Item button at the end of the each Item.
Both quoting methods are covered below.
Quote in Excel
Excel spreadsheet fields are color coded with the breakdown below.
If you wish to No Quote a particular item select the No Quote option from the drop down.
The spreadsheet may be exported and imported many times prior to submission to support necessary updates. Check for multiple tabs.
NOTE: Do not modify the spreadsheet from it’s native form or it will not import.
Is a read only field.
Is a mandatory field and MUST be completed
Is a calculated field. Calculation is not visible in Excel until sheet is imported and exported again
Can be filled in but is NOT mandatory
Questions concerning mandatory fields can be directed to a Team member using the Discussion feature under the Content section.
Quote in the System
The Quote Item button in the above screen shot will take you into the item.
To assist with completing the quote follow the breakdown below.
Your entries are always auto-saved.
- Check box to Show only required fields.
- Click here to expand and collapse sections.
- Click Show Item Info to review the following:
- Item Information
- Item Details
- Volume Details
- To No Quote the item use the Not Quoting button at the top.
- When the item is complete click Return to Quoting in the top right corner to quote the remaining items.
- Choose your quoting currency.
Submit your quote
Once all items are completed and you've selected Return to Quoting a Submit Quote button will be available in the upper right corner. See screen shot below.
If you are unable to locate the Submit Quote button you can find it by selecting Quoting under Steps to Complete.
Team Users and Supplier Users will receive email confirmation that the quote has been submitted.
You can save a final Export of the Excel spreadsheet for your records.
If you have any trouble contact Directworks Support by:
Phone: (724) 933-7878
Ticket: Create a ticket on Web Portal or Help Tab on this page.