Launching Your RFQ
Once you login, you can immediately launch a new RFQ by clicking on the + RFQ Quick Link on your dashboard
Step 1. Completing General RFQ Information
After launching your RFQ, enter the following general RFQ information.
- RFQ Name
- Description = Enter a description of the RFQ
- Type = Select the applicable RFQ Type
- RFQ Currency = The currency in which you want to evaluate the quotes
- Quoting Template = Select the option that best meets your needs
- Quoting Due Date
- Quoting Due Date Time Zone = Match your timezone
- Allow Quote Submissions Past The Due Date = If you want to force a hard deadline for quote submission, select “No”.
- Item Level Quoting or Item Details Level Quoting =
- Item Level: Suppliers submit a single quote for each item
- Item Details: Suppliers submit a quote for each detail associated to the item. (E.g. Multi region, Multi Volume, Multi Program Quotations)
- Quoting Currencies = Select the currencies which you will allow suppliers to quote in.
- Organization = Select the organization you are associated to.
Click on Create.
Step 2. Adding Other Team Users (Optional)
If you plan on having other team users help build the RFQ or analyze it, you will want to add them to the RFQ team as a Team user by clicking on Team User in the Content area and then click on Team User Repository.
Select and add users.
As soon as the user is added to the RFQ, the RFQ will appear in the My Active RFQs panel on each team member’s Dashboard.
Each user you add will also receive an invitation email when the RFQ is published.
Step 3. Adding Suppliers
Click on Suppliers in the Content area and click on Supplier Repository to add supplier companies to your RFQ. Use the filter option to narrow the list by searching for the commodities in the RFQ.
Step 4. Adding Items
There are two ways to add items to an RFQ. You can use an exportable/importable Excel template to add new Items and Item Details to the RFQ or add Items that have already been created in the system from the Item Repository.
Add Items to the RFQ using the Excel Template
- After clicking Export on the Item Content screen, complete all mandatory fields in the Excel template for all Items in your RFQ. Save the file.
- Click the Import button to upload the Item and Item detail information to the system.
NOTE: you can still edit the RFQ data by either updating it directly in the system or repeating the Export / Import process with the Excel template.
Add existing items from the Item Repository
- Click on Item in the Content area, then click the Item Repository button to add items from the repository to your RFQ.
- Add the Target Cost Price for each item by clicking on Set Target Cost Price. In the sandbox environment, this is required information in order to publish the RFQ. Click on Save and Close once complete.
Add the Item Details within the context of the RFQ, for example, the Ship To Location, Start of Production Date, and Volume. You can either enter Item Details manually by clicking on the Manage Item Details link next to the item OR click on the Export button to generate an Item and item Details Excel template which can be imported once complete.
Step 5. Adding Documents/Drawings (Optional)
Click Documents in the Content area, then click the Document Repository button to add documents to your RFQ.
To upload NEW documents to your RFQ you can click the Upload Documents button and load document from you computer or shared drive.
To view a document, click on View.
Step 6. Publish Your RFQ
Click the Publish RFQ button.
Once published, an email invitation is sent to all team users and invited supplier users, and the RFQ is available to suppliers for quoting. If the invited supplier users have never logged on to the system before, they will receive login credentials in addition to the email invitation.
The RFQ is listed in the My Active RFQs panel of the Dashboard for each invited team user and supplier user.